Art of Living Study Group

Weekly Theme for Contemplation: The Sacred Pipe

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of ModeratorTN
    ModeratorTN
    Keymaster

Weekly Theme for Contemplation:  THE SACRED PIPE

“The smoke of the living fire rises and transports the offering to heaven.”  — Aquarian Almanac

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Weekly Theme for Contemplation: The Sacred Pipe

• Profile photo of ModeratorTN
    ModeratorTN
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of ModeratorTNModeratorTN

Oct. 28, 2017 Weekly Theme for Contemplation: The Sacred Pipe

All men cover their eyes before the unseen. All men be lost in silence, Within the noiseless. — D. H. LAWRENCE

Desiderius Erasmus 1469

ModeratorTN
    Keymaster

October 29, 2017 Theme for Contemplation: The Sacred Pipe

Prayer is an ennobling action when it is an intense feeling,

an ardent desire rushing forth from our very heart,

for the good of other people. – H.P. Blavatsky

ModeratorTN
    Keymaster

October 30, 2017 Theme for Contemplation: The Sacred Pipe

The Way of the Creative works through change and transformation, so that each thing receives its true nature and destiny and comes into permanent accord with the
    Great Harmony— I CHING

ModeratorTN
    Keymaster

October 31, 2017 Weekly Theme for Contemplation: The Sacred Pipe

Wherein lies happiness? In that which becks Our ready minds to fellowship divine, A fellowship with essence; till we shine, Full alchemized, and free of space. Behold The clear religion of heaven! — JOHN KEATS

ModeratorTN
    Keymaster

November 1, 2017 Theme for Contemplation: The Sacred Pipe

Behold this pipe! Always remember how sacred it is, and treat it as such, for it will take you to the end.Remember,in me are four ages. I am leaving now, but I shall look back upon your people in every age, and at the end I shall return. — WHITE BUFFALO COW WOMAN

ModeratorTN
    Keymaster

November 2, 2017 Weekly Theme for Contemplation: The Sacred Pipe

Think of that eloquently silent evening at Craigenputtock in 1883 when Carlyle and Emerson, one either side of the fireplace, puffed soberly with never a spoken word till midnight and then parted shaking hands with mutual congratulations on the profitable and pleasant evening they had spent.

-W.G. Hutchingson

• Profile photo of Gerry Kiffe
    Gerry Kiffe
    Profile photo of Gerry KiffeGerry Kiffe

How do we make peace within ourselves? Is there not a war or skirmish within the breast of most human beings between ones ideals and ones desires, between ones highest aspirations and our likes and dislikes, wants and desires?

“A man is said to be perfected in spiritual kknowledge when he hast forsaken every desire that entereth into his heart and is happy and content in the Self, through the Self.” Bhagavad Gita Chapter 2 Krishna

• Profile photo of Laura
    Laura
    Participant
    Profile photo of LauraLaura

Is it possible that is long as we are in a body, there will be a battle between the Higher and the Lower principles. Mr. Judge said that as long as we are in a body we run the risk of being deluded. Even he was deluded he said. Is this not the sacrifice? To be of benefit to all that lives, includes all the entities or beings that make up the lower planes. So the best way to quiet things down, is to not want anything from the lower planes but to shine the light of the Higher on the Lower. To live only for others. The only way I can get my likes and dislikes, the wants and desires to be quiet is to focus on Krishna in All and to serve.
    The children at Theosophy School made a play from the Sacred Pipe. They loved the role of the Great White Buffalo Woman.

• Profile photo of Gerry Kiffe
      Gerry Kiffe
      Profile photo of Gerry KiffeGerry Kiffe

What a lovely thought and so well put. Taking the focus off of the personal self is both the secret and the cure. What you say makes perfect sense. But it is so hard to do. There is no peace as long as we want things for ourselves. Our Theosophy School chant in Santa Barbara had the words, “To live for and as the SELF of all beings.” It is such a profound statement going to the very core of the Teachings. What a wonderful gift to present to children little less us adults.

ModeratorTN
    Keymaster

November 3, 2017 Weekly Theme for Contemplation: The Sacred Pipe

Every day is marked by new beneficence. – Count Cagliostro

We all dwell in a house of one room – the world with the firmament for its roof – and are sailing the celestial spaces without leaving any track. – John Muir

© 2017 Universal Theosophy

Skip to toolbar